Reference ID: 768853
The Amazon Payment Products team is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer who loves hands-on work, to help us build scalable front-end customer experience features. Our projects focus on enabling customers to apply for, and use various payment instruments while taking advantage of financial offers and incentives that increase customer engagement and delight. If you ever applied for or used an Amazon-branded credit card or store card, paid for Amazon purchases with hotel or credit-card points or chose to pay in installments - you were our customer and we strive to make such engagements delightful for you.
We're looking for someone with unparalleled knowledge in current web development technologies who can thrive in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies. You will work closely with some of the smartest people in the industry to deliver positive customer experience. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front end user experience, to a set of robust platform services.
The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on software developer that thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves building software, is self-directed, knows how to get things done, and is not afraid to take on big challenges. If you have a passion for driving quality, improving customer experience and designing front end systems that are secure and maintainable, we'd love to talk to you!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Proficiency in developing front-end software, with experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular etc.)
• Strong problem solving and Computer Science fundamentals especially data structures and algorithms
• Ability to explore, dive deep and quickly ramp up on technical stacks, frameworks and programming languages
• Experience with writing integration and unit tests using front end technologies
• Excellent web applications design and development skills
• Knowledge of potential front end security risks such as persistent/ reflected XSS and CSRF
• Proven ability to self-manage, prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment; proven ability to work autonomously or with little guidance
• Understands design patterns (i.e. MVC, MVP and MVVM) and their respective trade-offs
• Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
• Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.)
• Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Experience with MVC frameworks, AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. DOJO, JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Hands-on expertise in different technologies ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience developing automated tests using tools like Selenium, Appium, TestNG/Junit, Jmeter.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019