Are you passionate about building fascinating new products with intuitive user experience? Are you a front end engineer who can work directly with the customers and shape the vision of web stack?
AWS Payments Console owns the Payment Experience for all AWS customers. We build customer focused applications to enable localized experienced for our global customer base. Multi-currency, multi-national, with many payment methods and types of payments. We simplify experiences for systems of complex capabilities. We are looking for talented front-end engineers to build great Customer Experiences for the world's most powerful billing platform.
Applicant's day-to-day duties and responsibilities will entail the following:
• Designing and building a Customer experience;
• Innovating in complex systems that operate at scale;
• Owning projects from idea to production;
• Collaborating with your teammates;
• Working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for AWS services; and
• Performing other related duties, as required.
Inclusive Team Culture: Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development including experience with front-end technologies and frameworks like React, Redux, Ember or Angular and RESTful web services
• Designing and building sophisticated and efficient user interfaces.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable systems.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Advanced CSS skills
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Ruby, Java, C# or Python
Software and Programming