The Amazon Compensation team is adding a dedicated Front End Engineer to to drive best in class engineering and testing of compensation products.
A day in the life
Daily this role will be working with the rest of the team to drive excellence via strong code delivery, pull request review, testing strategy, collaboration with the design and product teams.
About the hiring group
The ACT team delivers compensation applications that impact every Amazon employee. The team believes in collaboration, sharing knowledge and engineering excellence. Every customer of ours is an employee and we take that responsibility seriously.
• Mentoring the team on front end practices and stadards
• Defining testing strategy
• Establishing front end related metrics to ensure performant and effective performance
• Collaborating with design team on implementation, user research, responsiveness and error handling
• Ensuring Accessibility standards are met and reviewed
• Work with the broader team to improve alignment and reusable elements for use in all compensation products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with object-oriented design
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related, relevant discipline
• 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role with an emphasis on front end engineering
• Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming Restful services and APIs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
• Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure, and accessibility compliant.
• Able to solve difficult or ambiguous software and UX problems
• Proficient in front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
• Proficient in source code in multiple front end libraries (able to debug, extend)
• Experience with layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, browser/device support) and delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Experience with instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
Software and Programming