Amazon has helped reinvent how we live our daily lives. As a Recruiting Technology team, we are reinventing the delivery of industry leading hiring experience. My team is working in the area that is ripe for innovation and disruption: human-centric technologies that are scalable and efficient and make candidates feel treated as individuals.
A day in the life
Collaboration with approximately 10 domain teams, UX team, and Product team to build a platform and experience to house all future internal recruiting products.
About the hiring group
The team owns the full experience of recruiting funnel. We are continuously experimenting, measuring, and learning because recruiting teams deserve an experience that is respectful, straightforward, and frustration-free. We combine product development, technology investments, UX research, scientific analysis, big data analytics, and process optimization.
Work with the broader team to improve alignment and reusable elements for use in all compensation products
Establishing front end related metrics to ensure performant and effective performance
Collaborating with design team on implementation, user research, responsiveness and error handling
Ensuring Accessibility standards are met and reviewedBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with object-oriented design
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related, relevant discipline
* 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role with an emphasis on front end engineering
* Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
* Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming Restful services and APIs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
* Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure, and accessibility compliant.
* Able to solve difficult or ambiguous software and UX problems
* Proficient in front-end software design patterns (e.g., async, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
* Proficient in source code in multiple front end libraries (able to debug, extend)
* Experience with layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, browser/device support) and delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
* Experience with instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
Software and Programming