Who Are We
We recently launched IQ, a service that connects customers with experts for help of all kinds. We're at the early stages of what promises to be a big business for Amazon and our customers. We're a fully functional, self reliant team. We own our product and technical roadmaps, prioritization, engineering process, launch plan, go to market strategy, and P&L. Our team is made up of inspired product managers, strong technical leaders, and motivated, autonomous software engineers. IQ operates two real-time web applications for buyers and experts. The applications have a rich set of functionality including chat, video conferencing, access management, and more.
Who Are You
The ideal candidate is a creative technologist with both breadth and depth of relevant technologies. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is to be able to innovate by defining solutions that can and deliver on customer value. Ideal candidates bring strong, well-founded opinions on frontend development methodologies, can disagree & commit, and show bias for action while working within a cohesive, startup-style team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved before. You will gain an understanding of how Amazon operates around a number of different product areas and help influence the direction of these products. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with object-oriented design
* 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role with an emphasis on front end engineering
* Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors, and bundlers such as Webpack or Rollup
* Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming Restful services and APIs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related, relevant discipline
* Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
* Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure, and accessibility compliant.
* Able to solve difficult or ambiguous software and UX problems
* Proficient in front-end software design patterns (e.g., async, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
* Proficient in source code in multiple front end libraries (able to debug, extend)
* Experience with layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, browser/device support) and delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
* Experience with instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming