The Amazon Assessments team is reinventing the way we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science and technology to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
Our team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. How can machine learning help candidates who will thrive at Amazon find the right role? How do we enable Amazon to innovate, scale and push the boundaries of what is possible?
Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn't easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it - and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
As part of this team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will
Key job responsibilities
As a frontend engineer on team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the product, UX and accessibility teams to gather requirements, translate it into a scalable solution that is accessible and fairly evaluates candidates regardless of their abilities and background
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Responsible to make sure that our solutions are fast, reliable, accessible for Amazon candidates
• Work in an agile, start-up-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
A day in the life
Your day to day responsibilities will include working with other frontend engineers and software developers on the team to implement and enhance the assessments product. You will write code and submit code reviews. You will also provide code review and design feedback to other team members. You will participate in an oncall rotation to support your services in production. You will participate and facilitate the various scrum ceremonies on the team. You will help mentor and grow the team. Outside of the immediate team, you will work with various stakeholders to ensure the success of our business.
About the team
The team is responsible for managing assessment website and related products that are used to deliver assessments content to candidates. The mission of the team is to deliver an accessible web based product that can be used by any Amazon candidate across any platform.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent industry experience).
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 1+ years of professional front-end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, and Node, ReactPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with modern front-end libraries and components such as React, Webpack, TypeScript, etc.
• Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
• Able to solve difficult or ambiguous software and UX problems
• Proficient in front-end software design patterns (e.g., async, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
• Proficient in source code in multiple front end libraries (able to debug, extend)
• Experience with layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, browser/device support) and delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Experience with instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
• Proficient in Object Oriented Design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming