DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking a talented front-end engineer for a new AWS service, working at the intersection of open-source and observability in hyper scale cloud services.
This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of a strategic AWS service from design to General Availability (GA) and beyond. In this role, you will work closely with large and active open-source communities and are encouraged to drive on-going contributions to the community. You will be representing AWS in on-going open source meetings and events and influencing the direction of the community front-end efforts as well as driving AWS specific differentiated functionality.
Our team is looking for a front-end engineer to build, and maintain customer experiences that span multiple observability and interactive visualization use cases. You will help define, prototype, and build these experiences that empower developers, Ops and business decision makers to gain insights from applications in and beyond.
To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with peers, product managers, designers, and the community.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• 2+ years of experience developing web applications
• Be comfortable with modern web practices and technologies and be able to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project such as working with a team and then translating wireframes into a front end architecture.
• Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, , compression, etc.).
• Have strong problem solving and debugging skills that extend beyond the boundaries of front-end .
• Have solid coding practices including peer code reviews and unit testing.
• Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Solid or skills, with experience building web and/or mobile interfaces for displaying information. Effectively considers users with varying technical proficiency, literacy levels and accessibility constraints.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS One of the following preferred:
• Experience with interactive visualization and search .
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Be comfortable with web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization.
• Track record as an open-source contributor.
• Experience with React
Software and Programming