We are looking for a front end engineer to be the lead engineer on four pages in the AWS Cost Management Console. We are a team out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada with the idea that customers should know if the commitment-based agreements they bought are saving them money. As the engineer leading the UX work, we'll look to you to help us design the front end architecture, collaborate with stakeholders (design and product), mentor junior engineers, and deliver awesome.
We are not only looking for technical proficiency but are looking for an engineer that can both be a collaborator and teacher where sometimes you are helping another engineer clarify a design and sometimes you are teaching the team about a new front end technique. We'd love to start a conversation and find out we if have a mutual fit and start building the future.
Key job responsibilities
In this position you will take lead on new UX projects by designing the architecture and enrolling other engineers onto the project. Put another way this position design, codes, tests, and deploys software.
A day in the life
As an engineer on the team, you will participate in sprints and daily stand ups. In the stand ups you'll sometime seek help and sometimes give help; but all together we deliver as a group. After attending standup you'll spend most days focusing on delivering your piece of a larger project until you are ready to start leading larger projects.
About the team
The team's mission is to help customers understand commitment-based discounting. A commitment-based discount is when a customer lets us know how they'll use AWS and they receive a reduced AWS price. Put simply, our mission is to save customers money.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR 5+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ yrs. FEE experience
• Masters in Software Engineering, Engineering field, or Human Computer Interactions
• Experience building data or configuration driven UX
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
• Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming