Avato, the hottest HIP provider in the West, is hunting for a Front-End Software Developer to join our team The Avato team is growing! Are you our next Front End Software Developer?
Avato's innovative Hybrid Integration Platform (HIP) offers a simple solution for complex enterprise integration challenges.
As our Front End Software Developer, you will join our team as one of the first 10 Avato's while the company grows from its first commercial deployments to scale-up giant killer. You will work directly with our developers including our Chief Architect and CEO and will participate in mentoring and being mentored in the development of successful mission critical projects for high-profile government, healthcare and banking customers. Your responsibilities would include:
* Designing, extending, developing and supporting the Avato user interface using the Avato HTML5 framework, building upon how we loosely couples its user interface from its back-end web services by transforming semantic web service data into user presentation data
* Collaborating with customers and product management to devise user interfaces that addresses project and product requirements, including building screens used by banks, their staff and customers, health care workers, integration specialists and software developers
* Being responsible for the look and feel of the application, custom products and projects built upon the Avato platform, and making significant contributions to the user experience overall
* Unit testing all functionality developed or affected by the implementation Who are you?
Ideally, we're looking for a candidate who checks the following boxes. You are:
* Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
* Fanatical about object orientation, service orientation and code quality in general;
* One who enjoys the challenge of writing "real" code. You'd rather write native code over using the latest framework, because you think it can be done better, without all the non-standard dependencies. If you have the following, we'll be especially interested to talk with you:
* Graphical design skills
* Adobe Creative Cloud experience, especially Adobe Illustrator
* Knowledge of the financial sector IT landscape;
* Knowledge of the health sector IT landscape. Who are we?
At Avato, our core belief is that all things technical should just work - that digital systems should speak to each other regardless of standard, age, platform or language.
Too often, good, solid, legacy systems are tossed out the window without a second thought. Wheels are reinvented, wasting precious time and resources. Integration challenges are solved by starting over instead of leveraging the assets that are right in front of us.
That's why we challenge the status quo. We believe that a world where all software works together is a world where we're all better off. All that's needed is a little translation, a little orchestration, and some good tools to put it all together.
We've built the Avato integration platform to last, using the simplest possible approach to elegantly and reliably solve really tough business problems at the network tier. It's simple to use, yet powerful enough to handle all of the needs of data transformation, adaption, communication, process automation and orchestration.
Today, Avato allows banks, health authorities, governments and other highly-regulated organizations to deliver the seamless end-user experiences that today's consumers need and expect. Tomorrow, Avato will be the de facto choice for all software integration.
Want to come along for the ride? Why Avato?
The Avato culture is smart, fun and open.There is full freedom to call it as we see it.Technically, we are known as thought leaders in a space haunted by large, cranky, ineffective software providers who are all brand and no results.
We're proud to offer numerous perks and benefits to our team members, including:
* Compassion for each individual to find a balance between their professional and personal lives.
* Flexible work hours that allow you to maximize personal time.
* Compensation package commensurate with your level of experience.
* Employee Stock Option Plan.
* Competitive benefits package.
* Personal Time Off starting at 3 weeks/year PLUS "put out fires only" mode from the start of Christmas week to the end of New Years' week.
* $1000 budget to get yourself set up at home to work efficiently (not including laptop).
* Approved professional development costs covered by the company.
* Health and fitness bursary of up to $50/ month to be used for that spin class or gym membership. Think we'd enjoy working together? Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated and committed to recruiting and selecting applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We strive to increase our diversity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet any of our requirements. We are focused on equality and believe that increasing diversity of thought and lived experience makes us stronger together.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application. Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming