We are currently seeking and experienced Firmware Developer for a full-time, permanent role within our R&D department. This role will allow a successful candidate to become a major contributor to our new and existing lines of embedded products. Our company offers a challenging, collaborative and engaging environment where staff members are valued and appreciated and employee happiness is our top priority.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with
- Design and develop code on a RTOS based platform.
- Design, develop and maintain corporate firmware products as required.
- Perform formal and informal tests as required.
- Work closely with Software and QA to ensure systems are properly implemented and tested.
- Assist in the documentation of SR&ED claims.
- Document work which may include writing and/or updating specifications, design documents, user manuals or help files.
- Provide technical support to dealers and customers as required.
- Enhance systems and tools used in the firmware development.
- Mentoring other developers.
- 3 years’ experience with a combination of C/C++ programming knowledge and hands-on work.
- Experience using advanced IDEs.
- Electronics Technology diploma, Engineering degree, Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with IP based communications protocols.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a highly collaborative group.
- Self-motivated and determined.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Experience developing embedded Linux products would be an asset.
- Experience with ARM or Coldfire based processors would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the HVAC industry would be beneficial.
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018