Firmware Design Engineer Co-op (CARD2368)
Reference ID: %7BB4F494D3-AE8E-468A-AE5D-1038569B63EE%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is hiring coops for 8 months' term! If you are a 4th year student or recent graduate, these are opportunities suited to you. We are hiring for coops beginning May, 2018 or September 2018. Please specify which term you are interested and if you are eligible to do 8 months' terms. You MUST provide your transcripts and resume with your submission.
What you can expect from the role? Mentorship from a technical lead, opportunity to convert to a permanent role after coop, great experience in the cyber security field.
Fortinet is looking for a Junior Firmware Design Engineer to join our Hardware Department in Burnaby. You will work closely with other firmware, hardware, and verification engineers throughout various stages of the hardware and firmware development cycle. You will gain exposure to various technical standards and technologies, and get to demonstrate your skills in design, development, performance tuning, and documentation. You will also be involved in research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology that will enhance new and existing products.
• Design, code and debug firmware and BIOS
• Develop firmware for hardware verification, production testing, and troubleshooting assistance
• Pre & post system performance measurement in cross platform methodology
• Maintain and improve implemented test tools
• Research on testing methodology for better functionality coverage and efficiency
• Debug defective hardware by different testing configurations in verification tools
Job Skills Required
0-1 years of experience in the following areas is relevant:
• Linux OS kernel, programming and debugging tools
• C/C++ language, assembly language, and other scripting languages such as Perl and Python
• Computer system interface programming and hardware schematics
• Intel/AMD X86 embedded processor system architecture
• Driver implementation for devices such as memory, IDE device (flash, disk), RAID system, Ethernet and other intelligent peripherals, such as IPMI, USB, RS232.
• Familiar with computer system interface programming
• Fluent with Linux OS kernel, programming, and debugging tools
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to learn and adapt to change as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019