Hyperwallet is a rapidly growing international mass payment provider, and a recognized industry innovation leader. We provide efficient, quick and cost-effective payment solutions for a wide-range of companies, touching millions of payees. Hyperwallet is seeking a hands-on analyst to join our compliance team responsible for the Know Your Customer (KYC) and onboarding of our global customers.
The position will be responsible for completing assigned daily tasks and responsibilities to ensure the Company’s compliance with relevant anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), FinCEN and FINTRAC requirements, generally, CIP/KYC requirements, FTC Act, and other relevant legislation, regulations, and internal policies and procedures applicable to the Company as a regulated money services business.
This role will be located in our Vancouver, BC office and reports to the Director, FIU.
- Review and evaluate alerts/cases consisting of anomalous or potentially suspicious activity identified by proprietary reporting or transaction monitoring platform.
- Review, analyze, and organize data and draft investigative narratives for management review.
- Conduct thorough onboarding and ongoing customer due diligence measures in accordance with internal policies and banking partner requirements.
- Prepare compliance and corporate documentation for submission to various internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Assist with compliance awareness and training of non-compliance staff across the organization.
- Contribute to the designing, building, and scaling of a robust compliance practice and department - this will mean interacting with interdepartmental managers, sales staff, audit personnel, software engineers, etc.
- Identify sources of risk, analyzing and providing recommendations to mitigate with respect to assigned tasks.
- Keep current on legislative and regulatory changes and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in relevant field(s) preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in financial, regulatory, payment operations, or banking industries.
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) certification or committed to certify within 12 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of relevant AML/CTF legislation and regulations in the U.S. and/or Canada with the desire to learn similar requirements of other jurisdictions.
- Experience with AML/CTF transaction monitoring and reporting applications a plus.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong research, processing, and analytical skills with ability to analyze data and disposition appropriately.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills required. This position will require a great deal of communication, persuasiveness and correspondence with internal and, to a certain extent, external parties. The candidate must be able to express him or herself in a professional and effective manner in English.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced high-tech environment – i.e. the ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure and handle several projects at once.
- Strong expertise of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with solutions such as Thomson Reuters and Salesforce a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn.
Posted: November 10, 2018
Closes: January 9, 2019