Modernize systems and processes with the goal to improve operational efficiencies
Closing date: April 4, 2023 Financial Analyst - ERP System (Continuous) Finance Department
Victoria is a leading-edge capital city that embraces the future and builds on the past, where human well-being and the environment are priorities and where the community feels valued, heard, and understood.
The City's Finance department has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Data Analyst to join our team with the goal of providing exceptional service. At the City, we work collaboratively, continually look toward the future, and are committed to a culture that believes in continuous improvement.
The Financial Data Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance Department's endeavour to continually modernize systems and processes with the goal to improve operational efficiencies. This position also requires technical skills focused on the daily administration of the City's ERP system (currently Oracle's JD Edwards) specifically for the Finance Department. You will also serve as a champion for the Finance Team on various ERP integrations with other enterprise systems such as asset management (Cartegraph), financial reporting software (ReportsNow) and others. This individual works with all finance data and reporting and provides technical support to other business areas as required. A strong knowledge of Power Pivot, Power BI, tabular data models, Oracle BI Publisher and the advanced data features of Excel is a must. Experience with SQL scripting is also desirable.
The City is a fantastic employer offering a competitive benefits package, hybrid work from home, municipal pension plan and extended healthcare benefits. This role is also eligible for one day off each pay period (modified work weeks).
If you are passionate about what you do, strive to work in a progressive environment and want to contribute to the digital and process transformation of the City, we want to hear from you!
Coordinate and participate in the on-going maintenance and continuing enhancements and upgrades of the City's Enterprise Resource System. KEY DUTIES
• Improve system performance, including: review and analyse business processes and systems as they relate to the City's ERP system; streamline existing business processes to eliminate or reduce duplication and redundancy; liaise with affected City departments to determine business needs; identify and implement business improvements with input and assistance from end users; participate as a team lead in the planning, implementing and upgrading of ERP system; configure system; perform unit and complete process testing to ensure accuracy and completeness of the software; schedule and monitor the work of application consultants.
• Perform month-end and year-end procedures; develop training plans and provide system setup and end user training; represent the department on corporate projects and committees as required.
• Support and troubleshoot issues identified by end users; research issues, log calls with Support and test software fixes (ESU's) to address issues identified; liaise with Information Systems staff and consultants in issue resolution.
• Develop end user documentation; ensure manual and software processes comply with accounting and auditing requirements develop report specifications, coordinate report development, write and test new reports; make enhancements to and maintain existing reports.
• Maintain and control end user system security by developing security groups and roles and assigning users to the appropriate setup; create and maintain end user menus.
• Develop and maintain application setup; ensure availability and performance of the application that supports the financial systems.
• Track and resolve application related incidents and requests; review service related reports (e.g. error logs, integrity reports) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved; respond to application related alerts and escalations; and work with Information Systems staff to develop strategic solutions to recurring problems.
• Perform related duties where qualified. INDEPENDENCE
• Work is generated by annual objectives and end user issue identification.
• Work is reviewed through discussions with supervisor.
• Issues such as major system changes and resource matters are discussed with supervisor with recommendations. WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Effort:
• Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often) Mental Effort:
• Meet project deadlines. (often)
• Long periods of intense concentration while performing business process reviews and testing application software. (often) Visual/Auditory Effort:
• Focus on a variety of source data and computer for short periods. (frequent) Work Environment:
• Office. KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Organize and prioritize work.
• Understand and apply the principles and methods of business process analysis to computerized accounting systems.
• Advanced level operation of current City advanced specialty software.
• Interpret related policies and regulations.
• Provide technical guidance and advice to user departments.
• Research and analyze needs and facilitate meetings and workshops.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Deal effectively with the public and outside agencies. QUALIFICATIONS Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field. (4 years)
• Professional accounting designation (CPA). (2 years)
• Masters Certificate in Business Analysis or Equivalent. (126 hours)
• Project Management Institute Certified Associate in Project Management. (23 hours) Experience:
• 5 years of related experience including accounting experience.
• or an equivalent combination of education and experience. OTHER:
May be requested to substitute in a more senior position.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 35 hour work week
$51.42 per hour, Pay Grade 16
Job Code #4274
This is a CUPE Local 50 Position
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
At the City of Victoria, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
If you require assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming