We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis, the Financial Analyst will play a key role in the monthly reporting and forecasting process. Responsibilities include financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, and divisional consolidated reporting for senior management. Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze monthly consolidated divisional financial reports. Reports include revenue and margin analysis, consolidated overhead expenses, customer backlog and bookings reports, research & development expense analysis, capital expenditures, and labour resource demand
- Identify and investigate monthly and quarterly variances to budget and prior period forecast, gathering input from operations team as required
- Maintain and proactively improve financial models to enhance and streamline existing processes to compile, analyze and report on monthly financial results
- Coordinate with department managers in the preparation of the division&rsquo s annual business plan and monthly updates to department forecasts
- Perform SOX testing and conduct process walkthroughs to ensure documentation is updated and process improvement opportunities are identified
- Complete various external financial and industry reports/surveys (e.g. Stats Canada)
- Prepare historical trend and run-rate analysis to evaluate potential opportunities for savings and risks in meeting current forecasts
- Provide ad hoc reports and financial analyses for management as required
- Assist with special projects as required.
- University degree in Finance/Business, ideally along with or working towards a professional accounting designation
- 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis and /or financial accounting (full-cycle accounting), preferably in the high-tech industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, specifically advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment, with all levels of management
- Experience with BaaN or other sophisticated ERP system an asset.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to work in Canada and obtain the required security clearance. MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019