is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable LANGLEY, BC
WSP is currently seeking a Field Technologist to join our Materials group, located at our Langley, BC office. Reporting to the Group Leader - Field Testing, this position will be responsible for carrying out field and laboratory testing of concrete, soils, aggregates, and pavement in accordance with CSA and ASTM test procedures, and providing field support to the materials engineering team .RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct routine in-field concrete, asphalt pavement and soils compaction testing;
• Provide field support to the materials engineering team for completion of condition assessment and rehabilitation work for existing infrastructure;
• Perform field testing and quality assurance reviews at construction sites;
• Conduct maintenance on field and laboratory equipment;
• Maintain records, and complete regular calibration testing in compliance with requirements for certification with Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL);
• Perform aggregate qualification testing programs in accordance with procedures outlined in CSA and ASTM;
• Perform destructive and non-destructive testing of concrete primarily in the field and occasionally in the laboratory;
• Prepare laboratory test reports, and field review reports; and
• Follow and abide by WSP's health and safety policy. . QUALIFICATIONS
• Post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• 3+ years of relevant experience is an asset;
• Registered or eligible for registration as a Certified Technician or as an Applied Science Technologist in British Columbia is an asset;
• Must be able to pass the exam for, and continually maintain certification status, as a CCIL-certified concrete field testing technician throughout duration of employment;
• Must hold a valid driver's license;
• Adaptable to changing work environment;
• Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or with a team;
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment or materials weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance;
• Must be able to work variable work schedules including weekends, evenings, and night shifts;
• Occasional out of town and overnight travel may be required;
• Good technical writing skills;
• Must be able to successfully pass a physical demands analysis test;
• Must be able to successfully pass a screening test for illicit drugs and alcohol; and
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal .
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades Science