Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
This position is responsible for a variety of gas compression tasks in a service oriented environment.
Reporting to the service supervisor, this individual will be responsible for the maintenance and overhaul work in the natural gas compression and EPG industry in the field. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Perform routine repairs, maintenance and overhauls on natural gas and diesel engines, compressors, generators, and attachments
- Field and shop service work
- Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting
- Create positive customer relations
- Live the safety culture
- Promote Finning
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current Collective Agreement** Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Education & Experience:
- Completion, or in the process of completing, Finning S-level courses
- Team player with good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and contribute positively to a quality team environment
- Valid Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Previous CAT gas compression experience and proficiency in the MS Office package would be assets
- Safety tickets in H2S, first aid, WHMIS, TDG, confined space and fall arrest would also be considered assets
- This position is a 14 day on/14/day off, continuous shift
- Valid drivers license
- Must submit a successful Driver Abstract contingent to being selected for position
Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.Union Membership
: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.