British Columbia (CA-BC),Surrey Job Type:
Full Time myWork Options:
In-person, Hybrid, Remote What's the job?
The Facilities Technician is a member of an operations team that works under the direction of the Buildings Operation Manager in the Facilities Management (FM) Group. Responsibilities of the positions are:
1) Completing approved service requests - Facilities Technicians will be given specific facilities service requests for efficient completion within their scope of skill and ability. While all Facilities Technicians share areas of general responsibilities, it is recognized that each tech will also have its individual trade areas of qualification and expertise. All Facilities Technicians are expected to have a working understanding of the team's capability and knowledge of FM-related trades. These trades are: electrical, mechanical, heating and ventilation, carpentry, millwork, flooring, roofing systems, painting, drywall, glazing, locksmith technology, plumbing and office workstation systems. Facilities Technicians are expected to stay current and knowledgeable of best practices and new technologies in these trades as they relate to FM at Coast capital.
2) Project Management/Coordination - Facilities Technicians will also be given the responsibility to manage facilities-related renovation projects. These projects will normally take between one week and two months to complete and may involve the coordination of 6-8 different trades in an operating branch or office. Facilities Techs will be responsible for reporting timelines and meeting the needed deadlines for completion.
3) Facilities Management logistics, moves and storage - Facilities Technicians will be responsible for all logistics and coordination of activities related to physical moves for offices and non-IT equipment.What you'll get to do:
• Review and authorize, within approved limits, invoices for material and services.
• Ensure that various weekly and monthly reports and documents are submitted on time and in a legible manner (e.g.: Timesheets, On Call activity reports and Expense Reports)
• Ensure that the Maintenance Request reports and the Facilities Management Program is kept current and up to date.
• Ensure all workplace hazards and hazardous materials policies and regulations are adhered to (e.g.: WHMIS, Worksafe BC).
• Report the status of FM renovation projects that they are coordinating.
• Provide professional, friendly service to internal customers.
• Assist customers in assessing facilities issues and problems and then work with the customer through to resolution.
• Return messages from either internal or external customers and contacts in a timely manner and in accordance with corporate standards.
• Responsible for being on call on a 24/7 basis to support the organization's need to protect its assets and may include attendance at after-hours emergencies, scheduled after-hours and weekend work.
• Effectively prioritize routine service requests to best suit customer requirements, while ensuring work is prompt, efficient and accurate, and within approved budget and schedule.
• Liaise with office and branch staff to ensure work is completed to satisfactory levels.
• Correct defects or deficiencies in physical assets by directly repairing the problem
• With a proactive approach, perform preventative maintenance, monitoring and completing periodic inspections of CCS physical premises and assets in accordance with generally accepted standards of maintenance, safety and security.
• As required, assist with office space reconfiguration, staff moves and physical renovations.
• Complete day-to-day maintenance and repair functions such as changing filters in heat pumps, replacing light fixtures in ballasts, recycling, moving furniture, and performing general repairs.
• Plan and schedule FM branch and office space renovations.
• Coordinate, and oversee the services of contractors and tradesmen to carry out repairs and various work components of FM projects.
• Coordinate with the local branch manager or office manager to ensure repair work disruptions of FM projects are minimized and customer service is accommodated during the project.
• Taking cost efficiency into consideration, sourcing and negotiating goods and services required to complete FM renovation projects.
• Operate equipment in a safe and secure manner, as prescribed by Coast Capital Savings policy, and by various regulatory agencies (e.g. WCB)
• In all FM projects and repair activities, ensure staff, customer and public safety at all times.Who are we looking for?
• High School Diploma
• Minimum 4-6 years of FM or RED SEAL Trades "hands-on" tradesperson and a self-starter, who can work with minimal supervision.
• Necessary attributes for this position include good judgement and decision-making skills for resolving building maintenance and repair-related issues within a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Must demonstrate patience and tact, maintaining a professional manner at all times.
• The ability to deal cooperatively and communicate effectively with people, in a wide variety of circumstances, is required.
• Recognized training courses in technical skills and trades that are applicable to Facilities Management and building maintenance. A valid British Columbia Driver's License, possessing and maintaining a responsible and safe driving record.
• Broad construction or Facilities maintenance-related work experience
• "Hands-on" generalist
• Self-starter, who can work with minimal supervision
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Why join Coast Capital? Purpose is our North Star.
We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities. Committed to inclusion and engagement.
We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we're doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive. A career that grows with you.
We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership. Work where you're most effective.
In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role. Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family.
We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle. Retirement options.
We also take care of our employees once they retire. That's why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP's. Mortgage and auto financing benefits.
Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits. Real recognition.
We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We're human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year. An award winning culture.
We're a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards. We reinvest 10% back into the community.
When we do well, our communities do well. That's why since 2000 we've invested over $90 million into our member's communities. Double your impact.
Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.COVID-19 at Coast Capital
Coast Capital Savings is committed to the health and safety of our employees, member, and communities. With this commitment in mind, Coast Capital complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and making COVID vaccination a pre-condition to employment with Coast Capital. All successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19, before any contract of employment becomes final and binding, and before your start date can be set.
Exceptions may apply where vaccination is not possible for medical or religious reasons that are protected under Canadian human rights laws. Should successful applicants require a medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination please discuss whether an exception may apply with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics