Job Description Summary
The Executive Assistant, Corporate Real Estate, supports the Vice President of Corporate Real Estate and functions as their right hand and the heart of the department's operation, which carries a high level of responsibility and requires the utmost discretion and professionalism as the frontline representative of the Corporate Real Estate team.
This role is primarily responsible for handling detailed and complex scheduling and meeting planning, preparation of executive presentations, domestic and international travel arrangements, expense reports and correspondence, tracking the departmental budget, drafting correspondence, liaising with global offices as required, in addition to organizing, managing, and documenting multiple project related activities and processes to ensure departmental and/or corporate projects are successfully executed in alignment with corporate strategy.
You have exemplary agility in navigating multiple priorities with a focus on efficiency and time management, react positively with appropriate urgency to a variety of situations and incoming requests in a growing organization, and execute independently with precision and accuracy with little or no oversight.
Based on the departmental activities, you may be required to go above and beyond the typical EA scope by taking ownership of assigned projects and/or programs of varying scale and complexity.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage complex and challenging calendars, including scheduling meetings with participants globally.
- Arrange and draft meeting agendas, schedules and related documentation and take accurate meeting minutes and distribute them in a timely manner.
- Ensure travel and accommodation arrangements are made and expense accounts are prepared and submitted for the VP in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and track progress toward an ongoing list of deliverables for assigned projects.
- Synthesize information provided from multiple sources and produce high quality executive summaries and/or presentations.
- Coordinate and complete assigned projects from the VP as required.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with administration support staff to execute cross-team projects and activities.
- Review incoming email correspondence and materials directed to the VP and bring significant items to their attention.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the VP for review and approval; this requires a broad knowledge of corporate and department operations, as well as personnel.
- Manage invoices and maintain real time budget versus actual reporting for assigned budgets.
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy while achieving organizational objectives.
- Organize departmental meetings, quarterly planning, and social activities and events as needed.
- Direct incoming inquiries and requests related to departmental matters to the appropriate team member.
- Monitor and maintain the department's documentation and filing systems, ensure file management structure is current, organized and accurate.
- Coordinate and manage a variety of projects and/or programs related to departmental objectives and goals, including planning, maintaining, tracking, reporting, and following up on timelines and deliverables, progress reports, action items and database maintenance.
- Assist with operational project-based tasks and assignments utilizing standard project management methodologies and best practices, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, with at least 2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience in a similar role directly supporting senior management or executive level.
- Previous experience in the Real Estate, Biotechnology and/or Manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Experience working with project management methodology in an operational environment is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills are a distinct asset. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Productivity tools; familiarity with Visio and database software is an asset.
- Highly professional and adaptable with proven judgment and discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and be solution oriented.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy; demonstrates attention to detail and has excellent record keeping and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in an environment with fluctuating volumes and demands.
- Demonstrated initiative to identify, problem solve and implement solutions to enhance operational procedures and increase administrative efficiencies.
- Proven ability to prioritize and coordinate complex activities across multiple functional teams within a department.
- Project or event planning experience is a significant asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' mindset is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive