We're looking for an Executive Assistant (8 month contract) to support our Chief Technology Officer, SVP of Program Management & Operations and SVP of Product. You'll be working as an integral member of the Product, Development and Technology (PDT) team to help both the leadership and the team to do more, in the most efficient and effective way possible! While based in British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario, you will report to the CTO. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Executive Management
- Work behind-the-scenes in order to ensure the smooth flow of the Leader's activities and support the demands of a high-energy leadership team. Day-to-day tasks change constantly; the ability to flexibly adapt is necessary to succeed in this role. You will work independently, thrive by leveraging your resourcefulness, excel at being well-organized, and be able to follow through the completion of tasks without being prompted.
- Manage email correspondence
- You will assist your execs in the management of a heavy email inbox flagging important and actionable items for them as well as taking personal action on items as needed without supervision. Confidentiality is a must.
- Calendar management
- You will be the point of contact for internal & external requests, assuming full ownership and maintenance of the calendar; scheduling, confirming, and negotiating for meeting space and relevant attendees
- Meeting Management & Coordination:
- Set up, prepare agenda and take meeting notes for team and leadership meetings
- Coordinate with leadership and project leads on monthly All Hands meetings, including relevant tech needs, briefing materials and presentations.
- Assist with on and offsite team meetings and quarterly business reviews, arranging space and catering needs and other ad hoc requests.
- Travel Management:
- Arrange domestic and international travel, from hotel and air booking to itinerary coordination and research into local transportation and activities.
- Prepare all documents and materials needed for travel and coordinate with the PR manager on speaking engagements & conference attendance as required.
- Special Event & Project Management:
- Coordinating team celebrations as needed
- Assisting with Onboarding of new hires and transition during team changes
- Prepare internal team communications getting input from primary stakeholders
- Expenses & Invoicing:
- File and track expense reports through the Certify program ensuring detailed accuracy and coding.
- Code and submit incoming invoices and follow up with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment and budget reconciliation
- Other administrative and support duties as required
WHO YOU ARE:
- Proven years of previous experience providing support to multiple senior executives
- Confident character to liaise with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Experience of diary management across multiple time zones
- Experience using Google suite of tools including G-Mail, Google Docs, Calendars, Hangouts
- Discreet and professional with the ability to manage highly confidential information
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Attention To Detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess importance of tasks and decisions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Flexible: willing to tackle different and varied tasks with various stakeholders
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way: Step Up:
Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp One Team:
Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe Customer Obsessed:
Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed Go Fast, Be Agile:
Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile Play to Win:
Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses Neighbours & Allies:
Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Software and Programming