Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. We are hiring Evo Brand Ambassadors!Position Overview:
Evo Car Share, created by BCAA, is seeking energetic and outgoing Brand Ambassadors
to join our Evo Car Share Street Team to support our exciting roster of summer events.
Evo is the evolution of car sharing in BC, made to easily get you and your friends where you need to go, when you need to get there. With 1500 cars at your fingertips in our home zone, Evo is one of the most convenient and affordable ways to get around Vancouver.
Brand Ambassadors will be the first line of contact with the public through face to face interactions at various community, sporting and special events throughout the Evo Home Zone. The Brand Ambassador is key to building brand presence by educating and engaging consumers on Evo Car Share's service, with a priority placed on growing our member base through on-site signups.
Selected candidates will be hired through Kelly Services Canada, Ltd.Key Responsibilities:Events and Promotional Activities:
Other Marketing Activities:
- Increase Evo brand awareness through authentic and positive face-to-face interactions with the general public and existing Members
- Proactively achieve Member acquisition targets & sign ups, through dynamic sale and genuine belief in the service
- Engage members & general public in special promotions, including Social Media engagement through onsite hashtag printer and contesting
- Represent the Evo brand consistently and in line with our brand guidelines, including proper use of uniforms, event equipment and branded elements
- Setup events efficiently and professionally with all required components (tents, signage, branded giveaways, vehicle placement)
- Maintain all event equipment in excellent condition, including promotional signage, equipment, Evo vehicles and storage area
- Timely and accurate event reporting and submission of post-event reports
- Track and restock inventory of promotional items, to ensure consistent availability onsite
- Ensure consistent brand representation in social media by taking great photos at all events to be used for social and other marketing needs
- Communication of success stories, key learnings and other activities to Evo Marketing Team
- Attend and participate in team meetings, as required and keep up to date on Evo Marketing and Operational initiatives
- Performs other marketing duties relevant to promoting Evo's brand
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent applicable work experience
- 1-2 years' experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail sales is preferred
- Proven ability to approach members of the public in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner
- Demonstrated communication skills and leadership skills-must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Proven team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
- Proven ability to work reliably and independently with little or no supervision
- Demonstrated adaptability - must adapt to changes in work environment and manage demands
- Proven ability to work well with others and accomplish team goals
- Ability to travel to various promotional events in the Lower Mainland or throughout the province as required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid BC Driver's License with a clear driver's abstract required for travel is required
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, predominantly on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Comfortable posting, engaging and monitoring social media (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram) is preferred
- Ability to drive a van or truck is an asset
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance