Job Description Summary
Malachite Management Inc., part of the STEMCELL Group of Companies, provides association and conference management services to non-profit associations around the world. The Malachite team is passionate about success and knows that our company's most valuable asset is our team. If you are a driven and highly organized professional who is a team player and enjoys working in a dynamic work environment, we would love to hear from you!
As an Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing support on the day-to-day meeting coordination and general meeting details for all of Malachite's association and conference clients, working very closely with the Director of Conferences and Events on a variety of on site and virtual events.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate with the Association Teams in the preparation of event execution
- Liaise with event related suppliers and sponsors, overseeing all onsite activities, including but not exclusive to venue logistics and food beverage, audio visual requirements, exhibition services
- Provide post-conference services such as appropriate financial reporting, statistical reporting, and conference evaluation summaries etc.
- Some travel to on site conferences (30-50 days/year) is required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in event management or hospitality, (CMP designation is a plus), and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in an events coordination role.
- Willing to travel for events
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Thrive in multi-tasking, multi-party and deadline-driven environments
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL Group of Companies vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
#United #LI- Hybrid
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!