Job Description Summary
The Equipment Technician is responsible for supporting STEMCELL's equipment management program and the ongoing maintenance activities of our manufacturing and laboratory equipment. This role requires an individual who is mechanically, electrically and/or electronically inclined and is able to calibrate, inspect, test, install, qualify, and maintain equipment.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-house equipment calibration, testing, qualification, preventative and predictive maintenance, and improvements or modifications of manufacturing and laboratory equipment based on industry best practices and STEMCELL's processes and procedures.
- Log and maintain equipment records as per established requirements.
- Provide assistance for manufacturing and laboratory equipment repairs.
- Perform routine trouble-shooting activities, engage senior team members as needed for support, and provide input on process improvements.
- Execute on planned maintenance and calibration activities, and document work as required in STEMCELL's Quality Management System (QMS).
- Commission and document new equipment arrival.
- Participate in project-based tasks and follow scope, timelines, resources, etc.
- Operate the Environmental Monitoring System.
- Respond 24/7 to equipment emergency call-out alarms.
- Ensure adherence and implementation of company policies, SOPs, Quality and Safety Programs, ISO compliance, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and regulations when fulfilling all equipment related activities.
- Will be required to complete and maintain necessary training to work with both regulated and non regulated products.
- Bachelor of Science and/or technical certification or diploma in Instrumentation.
- 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and/or electronic aptitude.
- A good understanding of equipment calibration and their applications, including commissioning, test standards, troubleshooting, repairs and optimization of manufacturing and/or laboratory equipment.
- Familiar with regulatory documentation requirements and standard practices, ISO compliance, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Design Control and Workers Safety.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behaviour is a must.
- Required to travel locally up to 10-15% of the time.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics