Job Description Summary
If you enjoy technical work and troubleshooting mechanical/electrical equipment, this could be your next opportunity!
Here at STEMCELL Technologies we are looking for the next Equipment Specialist to join us! This role is key for the operation of the company, as it will oversee routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory and production facilities, including testing, storage, and monitoring equipment per STEMCELL's quality systems.
Equipment troubleshooting is also a huge part of this role and laboratory or sterilization equipment experience is very nice to have! This position is for a real team player, eager to keep building on your technical skill set and looking to be part of the largest biotech company in Canada with 30 years of cutting edge products and technology.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Responsible for completing and documenting assigned work orders in a timely manner, as per internal guidelines
- Collaborate with fellow technical personnel within Facilities in completing complex repair or routine work
- Execute equipment qualification (IQ, OQ, PQ) activities in strict adherence to the approved qualification protocols
- Respond to equipment callout alarms coming from the monitoring system on a rotational basis
- Support team members in addressing quality related compliance issues and provide improvement recommendations, as well as taking corrective and preventative measures on problematic equipment and processes
- Bachelor in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Technical Certification or Diploma in Instrumentation
- 5+ years of experience, preferable in highly regulated environments
- Well versed in ISO 13485 and GMP regulations
- Autoclave/ Sterilization and packaging line experience are a plus
- This position requires after hours/weekend work flexibility as needed
#United #LI-Onsite #LI-AC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$78,640.00 - $118,000.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics