Environmental Project Manager: Harvey 2554
The Project Manager is involved with all facets of projects related to Environmental, demolition, reclamation, and remediation, civil and earthworks.
Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project over its entire lifespan (plan, execute, monitor, and finalize) according to deadlines and approved budget.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate estimation of civil earthworks, environmental, remediation, reclamation and demolition projects.
- Ensuring projects are executed in accordance with contracts, drawings, and specifications.
- Ensuring projects meet or exceed project goals in regard to, Safety, Cost, Productivity, Schedule, Profitability and QA/QC.
- Responsible for continual cost control, management and forecasting of projects including daily review and approval of daily LEM’s.
- Review and approval of required project administration and documentation.
- Manage project contract agreements to ensure they are reviewed, processed, and executed.
- Prepare and collect progress billings and holdback receivables in a timely manner.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicate with the client during project execution and develop & maintain client relationships.
- Negotiate contracts, change management and claims.
- Provide leadership in safety by ensuring all company, client and legislated Safety policies and procedures are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all necessary project safety provisions and procedures are implemented on each project.
- Mentor site supervisors to ensure they are competent in input of field data capture and job costing.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education – Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science Degree, or equivalent Engineering Technologist program.
- 5-10 years of relevant Project Management experience related to Civil Engineering, Earthworks, Environmental Remediation, Reclamation and Demolition.
- Proficient computer skills. (MS Office & MS Project at a minimum)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience in dewatering and water treatment would be a definite asset.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation.
- Can work well as a team member or independently with little direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Must be reliable, mature, punctual, motivated.
- Strong detail orientation with computer skills.
Preferred applicants with experience working in:
- 5-10 years: Demolition
- 5-10 years: reclamation
- 5-10 years: remediation
- 5-10 years: Earthworks
- 5-10 years: Project Management
- 5-10 years: Engineering Technologist
- 5-10 years: Environmental Science
- 5-10 years: Environmental Engineering
- 5-10 years: Civil Engineering
Licenses & Certifications Preferred:
- PMP Certificate would be an asset
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open depending on experience.
Benefits package after 3 months
Advancement opportunities within this company, for high performance employees