IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking an Environmental Lead to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Determine environment requirements and costs to support the SDLC through development, testing, staging, and production
- Collaborate with the project teams, DASS DevOps, Academic Systems (Production operations) to determine the best deployment processes to support the project and ongoing operations
- Coordinate the build/config of environments in support of the SIS: software infrastructure, security, performance, application builds/deployments
- Work with other IT teams to coordinate hardware/virtual infrastructure, networking, web servers, application servers, database servers
- Setup and support of automated testing (dev, test, deploy)
- Support test cycles through coordinating updates to test environments, including seeding test data, masking of data, build and code deployments
- Help to coordinate trouble-shooting of environment-specific issues/defects raised during testing
- Create the production deployment plan and coordinate deployment activities
- Support the creation of handover documentation and training to the Production operational team
- Other software development activities, as required
Top Skills Required
- Wide-ranging experience with industry-standard Build and Release tools and approaches
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working with large, complex, legacy applications
- Ability to learn and become productive quickly in a complex and, at times, ambiguous codebase
- Demonstrated experience in working in a team-environment requiring collaboration within and across units
- Experience working in an iterative (Agile-like) development environment.
- Experience with Git, Maven, Sonar, Puppet, or equivalents
- Strong working knowledge of Java 1.8 and later; familiarity with JBoss as an asset
- Knowledge of SQL DML and Oracle PL/SQL
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite tools such as Jira (issue tickets) and Confluence (wiki), or equivalents.
- Familiarity with post-secondary student environment an asset.
- Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure, and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.