Job Description Summary
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist in the Corporate Affairs department will be responsible for the development of the corporate health & safety programs and associated training. Under the direction of the Director, Environmental Health & Safety, this role will ensure compliance with all corporate EHS program expectations and applicable regional health & safety regulations.
The EHS Specialist will work closely and collaborate with members of the EHS team to develop health & safety programs which will further enhance STEMCELL's safety culture.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to review global health & safety legislation in order to develop safety programs that can be operationalized as best practice by internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement global health and safety policies, procedures, training, and programs to enhance safety culture
- Ensure legislative compliance and reporting of health and safety matters are met.
- Identify non-compliant or incomplete EHS procedures. Ensure documentation is completed to support company due diligence in ensuring the safety of employees by implementing programs at the site.
- Act as an information resource to employees, managers, Joint Health and Safety Committee and contractors in the interpretation and application of internal safety standards and WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Create and deliver training material for various health and safety programs in collaboration with the EHS team.
- Collaborate with the EHS team to monitor safety compliance and identify safety issues.
- Work with the EHS team to build and support the development of a proactive safety culture.
- Advanced university degree in health and safety or a similar field. e.g. Bachelor's Degree or Occupational Safety Diploma.
- 8+ years' of work experience in a Health and Safety role.
- Knowledge of global, federal, provincial and municipal Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and Google suite of products.
- Proven ability to think critically, troubleshoot and problem-solve independently.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Thrives in a constantly changing and busy environment.
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality along with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships between other departments.
- Strong organizational skills; detailed-oriented and proficient at time management to execute multiple tasks.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics