Job Description Summary
The Administrative Assistant, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) in the Corporate Affairs department is responsible for supporting STEMCELL's Health and Safety program and team. The ideal candidate is collaborative and team orientated and will support the facilitation, maintenance and administrative activities to support the growth of the EHS programs. This is a 1 year fixed term opportunity with possibility of extension.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collects, reviews, organizes, records and appropriately files various types of EHS documentation as requested.
- Updates and maintains the EHS intranet site, including aligning it with the program structure.
- Updates stakeholder facing documentation (e.g. Safety Posters, Evacuation documents, etc.).
- Maintains, organizes, and improves the electronic filing system for the EHS team.
- Reviews and directs incoming email correspondence to the appropriate team member.
- Prioritizes inquiries and requests, making judgements to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Performs data entry to maintain and update the appropriate databases and records.
- Assists with onboarding /offboarding of employees, first aid attendants, Joint Health & Safety Committee members, etc.
- Assists with supporting EHS operational processes; including EHS expense entry, personal protective equipment inventory, first aid supply management, training enrollment etc.
- Prepares, distributes, and follows up on the minutes for various meetings led by EHS team members.
- Assists with the coordination, scheduling, and documentation of department meetings and activities.
- Distributes general safety related communications and correspondence to users.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- A post secondary diploma required.
- A Science degree or diploma is an asset.
- Previous administrative support or customer service experience required.
- Effective, respectful, and professional written and verbal communication.
- Acute attention to detail, keeping organizational needs at the forefront with exceptional time management skills.
- Analytical problem solver, a logical thinker with the ability to multitask.
- Team orientated, collaborative, dependable with excellent communication skills.
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality along with excellent judgement and discretion.
- Builds strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work well with Google-based applications such as Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Maintenance and Technicians