KELOWNA We have been waiting for you!!!
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our vibrant and dedicated team in Kelowna, BC. You should have three or more years of progressive experience primarily in contaminated sites investigation and remediation, combined with some project coordination and/or project management experience. We can help strengthen your technical and regulatory skills, as you work on multi-disciplinary projects that you will find both challenging and rewarding. You should enjoy being part of a close-knit team and appreciate the benefits that a large organization can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, having a dedicated mentor, being able to participate in employee resource groups, and more. A day in the life:
What You'll Bring To WSP
- You are a champion of Health & Safety initiatives, being an ambassador for our Zero Harm safety culture - this is always your top priority, as it is ours
- You stand with us in our promotion of Inclusion & Diversity, so that all of our colleagues feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work each day
- You are well-supported by your colleagues from various disciplines and levels, helping you be successful in reaching your personal and project goals
- You are willing to actively participate in project coordination activities including set-up of field work programs, preparation of field work instructions, budget and schedule tracking, subcontractor management, and documentation quality control
- You are conducting fieldwork investigations, including soil, groundwater, vapour, surface water, and/or sediment investigations, monitoring programs, and overseeing physical remediations
- You are assisting in data compilation, interpretation, and reporting for phased environmental site assessments, remediation, and site monitoring, while also being involved in proposal preparation, including development of work plans, schedules, and cost estimates for senior review
- You are taking the next step in advancing your career!
Recognizing that not everyone will tick all the boxes, here are some of the key things you will bring to the team. We encourage you to apply if you know you can make a difference:
- You have a positive and enthusiastic can-do attitude, and a willingness to both learn and share your knowledge
- You are self-motivated, willing to be flexible and nimble, and able to think outside the box
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoscience, Biology, or related discipline
- You may not be fully there yet, but are on track to eventually apply for a relevant professional designation in BC such as a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Chem., or an R.P.Bio.
- You have a minimum of three years of experience in environmental consulting
- You have a good understanding of contaminated sites investigation methods and legislation, but depending on the task, will rely on others for mentorship or be relied on by more junior personnel
- You are keen to be introduced to new computing programs, methodologies, and field equipment/techniques
- You have clear and demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have a clean Driver's Abstract, and are willing to travel
Expected Salary (all locations): $62 600 - $106 400
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location.