is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER or KELOWNA
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
You are new to the industry, but want to make a difference and investigate and remediate contaminated sites. You thrive on stretching your technical skills and working on multi-disciplinary projects. You enjoy being part of a close-knit team, and appreciate the benefits that a large organisation can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, being able to participate in employee resource groups, and more Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You are a champion for Health & Safety - this is always your top priority, as it is ours
• You will be planning and executing site investigations and remediation programs at contaminated sites primarily the Yukon, but also for clients in BC from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, ports & harbours and government agencies
• You want to learn a diverse field skill set but but are equally comfortable with office tasks based on your experience level
• You are familiar with Provincial and Federal contaminated sites criteria, and while you do not know everything yet, you are willing to share what you do know, and to learn from others
• When you get back from the field, you will be involved in data management, interpretation and reporting, providing input into high-quality project deliverables
• You will be supported in your career by a caring team, and you will appreciate having a mentor assigned to you who is a steady asset for your career development that is fully committed to providing sage career advice and guidance on a regular basis What you'll bring to WSP ...
• You are a team player with a can-do attitude!
• You have 0-3 years experience in Environmental Consulting
• You have an appropriate professional designation in Engineering, Geoscience, Biology, or similar or are on track to obtain one
• You've got a clean Driver's Abstract, are willing to travel,
• You know your way around the MS Office suite of products and are keen to grow your skills in new areas like Power BI
• You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Early Career (< 3 years)
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada/, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/