May 27, 2022
Reporting to the Environment Lead, Terrestrial Cumulative Effects, the Environment Coordinator, Terrestrial Cumulative Effects is responsible for the coordination and field implementation of projects in our biodiversity program. This is a temporary contract position.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills who can manage and direct multiple environmental projects. This person has strong analytical and decision-making abilities with a capacity for practical problem-solving. The ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and see them to completion is vital for this role. The person would also remain positive and motivated while working independently in remote locations over extended hours as needed.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work both on site at an operating surface steel-making coal mine, as well as off-site on regional projects, with a significant amount of your time spent in the field. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a variety of departments and apply your skills across multiple operations across the region!
Projects include various components of our Road Rehabilitation Program including Road Deactivation Prescription Development, Invasive Plant Survey & Treatment, Pre-disturbance Wildlife Surveys, Road Deactivation Earthworks, Planting & Seeding and implementation of a Monitoring Plan. Additional projects include a Wetland Assessment, and Habitat Enhancement for Bighorn Sheep. The role primarily focusses on the setup and implementation of the field components of these projects, including development of scopes of work, safety and communication plans, in-field contractor supervision and contractor support.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the development of project scopes and field implementation of terrestrial cumulative effects, biodiversity and wildlife field projects, and report on project process
- Understand applicable permits, management plans, and associated regulatory requirements
- Develop and review work plans, maps, procedural documentation and safety documentation, such as Environment, Health, Safety and Community Work Plans, Environmental Protection Work Plans
- Manage and supervise site personnel and contractors to ensure work is being conducted safely and in accordance with project scopes and safety plans
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated. Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or diploma in environmental science, or other related subject area, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years' experience in environmental management
- Technical knowledge of relevant federal and provincial environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Experience with environmental data management software, such as GIS - ArcMap, environmental data management, analysis, and reporting
- Project management and supervisory experience would be considered assets
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Environmental Engineering, Rehabilitation, Law, Temporary, Geology, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Contract