What's Bench? Check us out in Georgia Straight, Fit Small Business, Inc.com, FinTech Impact, the blog of Perkins + Will and our Instagram.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.Here are some of the things you'll be getting up to:
You'll fit in well if you:
- Working in a team of about 15-20 people to extract financial transaction data from bank statements
- Using Excel, macros, formulas, and other tools to transfer information from PDF statements into easy-to-categorize spreadsheets for our bookkeepers
- Troubleshooting problems and brainstorming and implementing changes to improve our current processes
The extra details:
- Have impeccable attention to detail and enjoy focused independent work
- Are looking for a data-entry type position
- Are comfortable using Excel
- Can see how your work fits into the bigger picture
- Are genuinely awesome to work with and can entertain your colleagues with your good-natured wit and charm
Sound like something you'd like to take on? Hit 'apply' and let's get this thing started.
- This is a full-time position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- We offer an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision
- We'll set you up with everything you need to work remotely, from day one
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
Banking, Finance and Insurance