Canada Drives is changing Car Buying in Canada! Be at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online! Be an important part of the team that builds the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchase experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door!
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will oversee the technology landscape and strive to maximize investments in capabilities across multiple business units and products as well as facilitate the alignment between the overall company strategy with the technology adoption. This role will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and facilitate the decision-making on long-term technologies such as buying versus building capabilities or when to make tactical or strategic approaches.
The EA role will have the opportunity to create the Enterprise Architecture foundation and framework with a holistic technology strategy and clear principles and guidelines granting Agile Teams autonomy to design and to build technical solutions aligned with the overall IT strategy and plan. As the organization grows and the EA function matures, this person will be able to build a team of specialized architects based on different technology and product verticals. This role will have a focus on data-related domains helping the organization design a data management framework and governance, and a corresponding architecture to support such data ambitions.
Canada Drives expects the successful candidate will take the driver's seat to dramatically increase the reusability of technical components and become a data ally together with Analytics and Product teams in leveraging business applications, processes, and data.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and own the Enterprise Architect framework, including its vision, strategy, and governance.
- Assess the current infrastructure, application and data landscape and outline the short and long-term plans for architecture.
- Define Architecture principles and guidelines and support technical teams on the development and enhancement of new capabilities.
- Provide guidance and support for technical and product teams on the day-to-day design of technical solutions.
- Leverage the existing capabilities and promote the development of reusable assets.
- Facilitate the buying vs building technology decision-making among stakeholders and advocate for the best long-term interests of Canada Drives
- Evaluate third-party solutions and facilitate technology selection processes including managing proof of concept initiatives.
- Own the entire spectrum of Enterprise Architecture, including Business Applications, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure and Data Management.
- Build and manage a data management framework and governance covering transactional and analytical systems and internal and external data sources
- Be aware of technology trends and innovation and foster opportunities to leverage emerging technologies to resolve business problems
- Work in collaboration with the Information Security Manager to eliminate security risks and vulnerabilities.
What you should already have
- Degree in computer science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in designing, building, and managing complex computing and data systems
- 3+ years of experience on Architecture roles
- Certification in TOGAF or similar Enterprise Architecture certifications like Zachman Framework, FEAF or Gartner EAP best practices
- Good understanding of analytics, machine learning and data integration technologies.
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud computing, system architecture, strategy development and enterprise solutions.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and teams.
- The ability to self-manage/self-start daily workload.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience in E-commerce, Fintech, and Salesforce