In this role, you will design and implement information systems that will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. You will also analyze system requirements and define system architecture that will meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, hosting services and networking protocols.
As a key member of the Architecture team, you will ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements and will ensure that architecture project rollouts meet security standards and be effectively integrated with current applications.
Join our Information Services team today!
• Create and maintain the enterprise infrastructure architecture strategy
• Coordinate with key stakeholders to identify future needs and requirements & develop future state architecture
• Develop a business case to modernize the IT infrastructure environment to improve efficiency and reliability.
• Build annual infrastructure technology plan & create infrastructure roadmap and portfolio of initiatives to achieve future state
• Design the organization's enterprise infrastructure framework.
• Translate business needs into technology requirements and define infrastructure standards and principles
• Develop reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve infrastructure systems
• Build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical infrastructure models.
• Work with key stakeholders to identify business improvements
• Undertake impact analysis and design modifications to existing infrastructure to support new solutions & conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of use cases.
• Support strategic initiatives to ensure that the organization is adhering to infrastructure standards and best practices.
• Facilitate the execution of the infrastructure roadmap by introducing best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction.
• Collaborate with internal and external personnel to determine project requirements and capabilities and strategize development and implementation timelines.
• Create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure & provide expertise to project teams for successful project implementation.
• Support solution architects to architect and deliver solutions.
• Coordinate with project managers and business leaders regarding infrastructure requirements.
• Research new technologies to determine which ones should be incorporated into the organization's infrastructure architectures by understanding technology product and vendor strategies and roadmaps & contributing to decisions in the selection of new technology
Additional Information: Company Description
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management; Master's Degree preferred
• Relevant industry certification is considered an asset (e.g. TOGAF, Microsoft Certified System Engineer, CISCO Certified Network Associate, etc.)
• 8+ years' experience architecting, designing and developing network infrastructure solutions, including servers, storage and virtualization.
• Minimum 8 years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
• 5+ years experience delivering large scale IT infrastructure projects with direct architectural accountabilities for execution and delivery
• Previous experience in capital intensive industries and prior exposure to a business or non-IT related role is considered an asset
• Experience with emerging technologies and translating new trends into potential use cases
• Proficient in ITIL strategy, network security, Network Components, Active Directory and protocols.
• Possesses excellent knowledge and experience of various IT Infrastructure technologies (End User Computing, Data Center Services, Cross Functional Services like Tools & processes, Network and Security, Databases, Middleware, and Disaster recovery etc.,) and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software.
• Experience working in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
• Knowledge of all components of holistic IT infrastructure architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Feb 25, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada