VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Creates a visionary IT big data and analytics architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align business needs with technologies. Leads the creation of the strategic enterprise big data and analytics architecture for BMO. Partners with internal stakeholders to define the principles, standards, and guidelines regarding data flows, data aggregation, data migration, data curation, data consumption, data placements, data analytics, machine learning and AI. Provides expertise regarding data architecture in critical programs, data strategy and data quality remediation activities. Validates data architecture for adherence to defined policies, standards and guidelines including regulatory directives. Partners with broader internal stakeholders to define architectural possibilities and futures. Works with business and development teams to recommend processes or system design enhancements. Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated.
• Defines & develops target & reference architecture, standards, best practices and leveraging leading big data & analytics architecture practices and advanced data technologies.
• Develops governance processes around data leveraging the enterprise data architecture framework.
• Applies innovative Data, Analytics & AI technologies with business insights to enterprise big data & analytics platform architecture, to meet complex and enterprise scale business and IT needs.
• Develops and maintain technical roadmap for enterprise big data & analytics platform for different platform capabilities.
• Supports projects/initiatives related to data acquisition, processing and utilization through enterprise big data platform.
• To be a technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation in big data, machine learning and AI areas. Thought out for their architectural depth and breadth.
• Provides advice and guidance to assigned Group/Functions on implementation of data & analytics solutions.
• Provides input to project teams to ensure that their processes and deliverables align with the target state architecture.
• Challenges the architecture validation process and other relevant enterprise data governance areas.
• Identifies data architecture opportunities for a broad, diverse, and complex set of business functions and processes.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders in enterprise, technology and business groups in order to ensure adherence to data architecture standards.
• Researches/monitors industry activities to keep abreast of relevant data technologies.
• Recommends technology direction about the feasibility and applicability of such technologies within the environment.
• Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions;
• Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
• Works with internal stakeholders to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
• Leads and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
• Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
• Reviews technical work.
• Develops and recommends productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
• Creates and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
• Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
• Identifies risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits, and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
• Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
• Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
• Provides input into the preparation of business case.
• Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization (e.g. sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks).
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
• Provides architectural expertise and domain knowledge to advise and guide senior leaders.
• Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
• Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications:
• Typically 7 - 15 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possesses a university degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) with concentration in computer science, engineering, information systems, information technology or other related majors such as business & administration.
• Solid hands-on working experience on enterprise level data platform and analytics solutions (e.g. Data Warehouse, Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, SAS...);
• Solid proven working experience in data governance and enterprise data management domains including Data Security, Data Strategy, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Catalogs, Data Lineage
• OSS Data Technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hue, Jupyter Notebook, Livy, Python, R, MariaDB, GraphQ and etc.
• Familiar with ODPi community and products
• Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
• AWS hands on experience and AWS cloud architect or big data certification a plus;
• Experience with SAS products: SAS Viya;
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue;
• Experience with Azure cloud services: Power BI, Databricks, SQL DB, Data Factory;
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc;
• Experience with implementing disruptive technologies in an organization;
• Experience with Complex & high volume cloud implementations;
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases;
• Experience with multi-faceted technologies (web development, network, distributed databases, big data, mobility, etc.);
• Passion for technology &/or domains;
• Innovations / Patent examples;
• Possesses knowledge in financial industry business knowledge as well as knowledge of major data consumption use cases in financial services.
• Exhibits knowledge of data architecture concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates knowledge of major regulatory frameworks related to risk data aggregation (e.g. BCBS239).
• Demonstrates knowledge of architecture frameworks, methodologies, and tools. (e.g., possesses The Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF] accreditation).
• Possesses strong knowledge of Data Architecture Maturity Evaluation concepts and metrics (e.g., ACMM).
• Possesses expert communication skills, both written and oral.
• Demonstrates solid consulting and client management skills.
• Is energetic, personable, and achievement- and outcome-oriented.
• Exhibits relationship management and managerial leadership abilities.
• Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
• Able to manage ambiguity.
• Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert. We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.