Enterprise Act Engineer II
Reference ID: 651730
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
Would you like join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we're looking for an Enterprise Act Engineer (EAE) to support our customers' creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and 'voice of the customer' to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Salary Range: $80,000 to $115,600/yr, commensurate with experience
As an EAE, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive customer adoption and use of AWS services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, Cloud Front CDN, IoT and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer's environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management. You will provide advocacy and strategic technical direction to help plan and build solutions using standard methodologies, and enthusiastically keep your customers' AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS.
We are seeking individuals with strong backgrounds in I.T. operations and related areas such as Linux/Windows systems administration, DevOps, Data Analytics and more. The EAE is our centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers, so if you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
• 4+ years of hands-on Infrastructure / Troubleshooting / Systems Administration / Networking / DevOps / Applications Development experience in a distributed systems environment
• At least 1 year of experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience
• Ability to travel 10-25% as needed
• Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Design or Development, Content Distribution/CDN, Scripting/Automation, Database Architecture, IP Networking, IT Security, BigData/Hadoop/Spark, Operations Management, Service Oriented Architecture
• External enterprise customer-facing experience as a technical lead, with strong oral and written communication skills, presenting to both large and small audience
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019