We're looking for a top-tier Engineering/Development Manager to help guide our engineering teams in a cross-functional capacity. You will collaborate with project managers, pod and discipline leads, and engineers in your day-to-day, using your technical background to champion product development by translating product plans into technical roadmaps and converting strategic goals into actionables in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. Although your focus will be on end-to-end project management, your mission is to empower and help teams continuously improve in both function and form. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together.What we'll accomplish together:
A little about you:
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical teams - explaining technical concepts to non-technical folks and translate business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned.
- Lead the future of developing dApps on the blockchain.
- Organize and run sprint planning by defining, scoping, estimating, and assigning development issues to ensure they're done well and on time.
- Resolve bottlenecks and edge cases by making technical decisions and ensuring the product team is aware of the implications.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- You have a full-stack engineering background with strong technical fundamentals.
- You have experience with product development.
- You have had exposure to and interest in blockchain.
- You have experience with project management and agile workflows.
- You are comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and unknowns.
- You are a strong communicator that can work together with design, product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Back-end, front-end, blockchain, mobile, and/or DevOps development experience.
- Experience working as a scrum master.
Posted: November 27, 2018
Closes: January 26, 2019