About the Opportunity
Our growing Climate Change and Clean Energy team is looking to add a driven Civil or Environmental Engineer-in-Training to our existing team of professionals providing quality service to our clients across British Columbia. In this role, you will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a meaningful difference in many communities, including local governments and Indigenous Communities.
Through our work, we strive to have a positive impact in the communities that we serve. To help support this, we are looking for someone who shares our values and is excited to provide a high level of service for our longstanding clients.
Coupled with the diverse learning and project experience opportunities, do you see yourself excited to contribute to …
- Demonstrate an aptitude for consulting and entrepreneurship
- Review, compile and analyze field hydrological data and hydrological assessments
- Prepare and develop community energy plans, community energy and emission baselines, sustainability plans and emissions reduction assessments
- Communicate effectively with clients, community members and internal project teams
- Compile, compare, and analyze data sets for climate change impacts
- Work collaboratively with the broader and geographically dispersed clean energy practice to identify and secure new opportunities
- Assist with asset management assessments with emphasis on climate change infrastructure risk assessments
- Prepare project proposals, grant funding applications and general business development opportunities
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and growth through ongoing setting and working towards personal and professional goals
The preferred candidate will be a recent graduate of a civil or environmental engineering program with an interest in climate change and clean energy projects.
The core skills that will help you succeed here include:
- A keen interest in pursuing a career working on climate change and clean energy projects in Western Canada.
- Drive to take initiative, problem-solving skills, and enjoyment in working hard to deliver value.
- An interest to seek out opportunities to collaborate with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives.
- Attention to detail, and ability to continually deliver high quality work.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and thrive in a self-directed work environment.
- Willing and able to travel to project sites throughout Western Canada.
- An Engineer-in-Training eligible for professional registration.
- A valid class 5 drivers’ license.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 700 people with 18 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients, including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for opportunities to participate in challenging projects and work with multiple stakeholders? Join a diverse and supportive group of professionals at Urban Systems and take part in impactful work building vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a team member at Urban Systems:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more. This position will have a salary range of $72,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The range is negotiable based on your skillset and experience.
- Paid Time Off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Learn and grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important projects for our clients and their communities.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work. We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term retirement goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program that matches your contributions to an RRSP or TSFA.
- Support through Transitions. You will be supported through life’s moments and transitions, big or small, including generous top-up for parental leave.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 9:00 am PST (10:00 am MST)