Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
We are seeking Engine Developers to work on the projects supporting the Anti Virus (AV) and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) teams. AV and IPS features run on our FortiGate devices to protect clients from a vast range of network attacks. AV scans incoming files for malicious activity while IPS prevents DoS (denial of service) attacks, server application exploits, and network address spoofing attempts, and monitors and analyzes the transmitted data.
The Engine Team plays an integral role in keeping both the AV and IPS engines relevant by developing new features to better detect ever appearing attacks and keeping them efficient by maintaining high-speed processing. This is your opportunity to make a difference in network security and protect critical assets. Job Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving existing features for Fortigate
- Adding new features to enhance threat detection for AV/IPS engine
- Working with QA to troubleshoot issues reported by customers
- Collaborate with team members to integrate product functionality. Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years experience with C/C++ and Linux
- Linux kernel experience is a plus
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Motivation to learn new technologies and the courage to explore uncharted territories
- Ability to work well in a team and independently Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with relevant work experience
Management and Executive