Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a Field Camera Operator/Editor to shape and strengthen the OMNI and CityNews brands as our news operation evolves towards producing and publishing more of our content in the field and radically change the way we tell our stories in order to better engage and build our digital audience.The successful candidate will be involved in regular weekend work (i.e. consecutive, successful weekends). Working regular weekends is a condition of their employment as stipulated in the job posting.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Set off each day and night to cover our diverse, growing city and the communities within it
- Creatively capture interviews, events and other newsworthy visuals to help tell stories that will resonate with our audience
- Where required, interview witnesses or principles at story locations, and gather and pass on relevant information to the newsroom.
- Collaborate with journalists to cover daily assignments
- Review and edit content you've gathered using field-based editing hardware/software into completed sots, cam-sots, and video packages optimized for broadcast and/or digital platforms.
- Strengthen our digital presence by transmitting content to cloud-based platforms for publication online
- Help guide our editorial decision-making by generating enterprise story ideas based upon your insights, curiosity and experiences
- Monitor trends in digital/social media storytelling
- Troubleshoot and resolve, unforeseeable technical glitches
- Seek and apply audience insights to help inform your story pitches and production process
- Grow our digital audiences by live-streaming from the field daily and often
- Deliver content in appropriate formats (jpg, mov, mp4, etc.) with necessary elements (ex. graphics, keys, etc.) on deadline
- Use Sony CBM application regularly to update digital offerings
- Use newsroom software to build keys and other graphic elements, and ensure appropriate data (ex. key times) is included to help with on-air broadcast
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A determination to learn new skills and emerging technology
- A willingness to go to wherever, whenever the news is happening
- A creative mindsight to your daily assignments
- Dogged curiosity, a desire to challenge conventions and ask tough questions
- A digital-first and analytical mindset
- Bold, strategic and creative thinking
- A competitive salary and benefits which include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks.
- All equipment and technology required for you to perform your role provided prior to your start
- Leadership which supports your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 290471
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Cloud, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology