West Fraser is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America. The Company produces lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, linerboard, kraft paper and newsprint at its mills throughout Alberta, British Columbia, and the southern United States. We have an excellent opportunity at our operation office in Quesnel for an:Energy Team Engineer
Energy and carbon is an increasingly valuable component of plant operations. Today West Fraser is a major consumer of electricity and has recently developed a significant generation portfolio. We are looking for an individual who will work with our corporate and operations resources to develop and implement strategies to reduce energy costs, maximize the value of internal energy generation and support Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction programs. The Energy Team Engineer will work with mill and corporate resources to develop and implement strategies for energy reduction and generation. The position is located in Quesnel and reports to the Manager, Energy and Bio-product Development. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with energy, bioenergy and bio-diversification in the forest products industry.The Energy Team Engineer role specifically involves:
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Analyzing, prioritizing and implementing strategic energy generation initiatives for assigned sites.
- Establishing a structured energy management program that will deliver sustainable savings into the future
- Preparing budgets and business cases for energy efficiency projects
- Managing the implementation of energy efficiency projects
- Managing of each facility’s energy use
- Reducing operating and maintenance costs resulting from energy-saving measures
- Implement in the BC Hydro SEMP program at selected sites as a BC Hydro sponsored Energy Manger
- Identify and evaluate fuel switch opportunities for the intent of reducing GHG emissions
- Engineering Degree, Applied Science Technologist or Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Excellent communication skills, including proposal and technical document creation
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently, possessing excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Some travel to operations will be required.
The Energy Team Engineer will work with the many functional groups throughout the organization. This exciting position requires development of a strong rapport with mill management, energy, technical and engineering resources.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a stable yet challenging work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs
click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobsWe thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Posted: December 12, 2018
Closes: February 10, 2019