We are currently seeking an Employee Experience Coordinator
to join our Employee Experience team in Burnaby.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers' lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 300 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year
Our Employee Experience team is at the heart and soul of Clio's culture. We are the champions of workplace experience in each of our offices (in Burnaby, Toronto, Calgary and Dublin), stewards of our Clio Values, and the glue that will keep #TeamClio strong as we scale. We value excellence, transparency, initiative, and offer a culture and environment that Clions rave about (see for yourself on Glassdoor
). If you want to accelerate your personal and professional growth and impact an organization in infinite ways, Clio is the place for you! You will:
You should have:
- Champion employee experience at Clio (because happy employees are high-performing employees!);
- Create connections and support effective communication across the company, especially with our Global Clions;
- Live, breathe, and represent Clio's corporate values and mission to transform the practice of law, for good ;
- Coordinate employee perks and programs, including management and tracking of budget and spending;
- Promote physical and mental wellness at Clio, and help to coordinate wellness programming (think: yoga, bootcamp, on-site RMT visits, mindfulness programs, and the like!) for all employees;
- Support organization-wide learning initiatives like Clio Learns and other departmental learning initiatives;
- Manage our busy social calendar! Help coordinate staff-wide social, corporate, and community events;
- Support the development and execution of Clio's philanthropic strategy and volunteer activities.
Bonus points if you have:
- A naturally extroverted and magnetic personality;
- The ability to build relationships quickly and sustain a feeling of belonging within a group;
- A perpetually positive outlook on life and a can-do attitude when presented with big challenges;
- A passion for supporting people on their journey to being happy, healthy, and high-performing;
- Experience public speaking and/or comfort presenting in front of a large crowd;
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, fast-moving environment.
- 2+ years experience in hospitality, event planning, the performing arts, human resources, or a related field;
- Up-to-date certifications in First Aid, Serving it Right, Food Safe and the like;
- Experience working in a fast-growth start-up environment.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
Diversity and Inclusion
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 19, 2018
Closes: January 18, 2019