We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative Employee Connectedness and Events Manager to oversee the planning and implementation of events associated with Hootsuite's employee engagement initiatives. In this role, you'll ensure internal events are curated for our workforce, meticulously planned and achieve objectives. You'll bring a passion for event planning, project management and strong communication skills. Reporting to the Manager, People Operations, this role is an excellent fit for those who want to be part of a fun, vibrant, and global team.
Please note the position can be based out of Vancouver, BC, or Toronto, ON or remote Canada. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Responsible for rolling out strategy and comprehensive implementation plans of virtual and in-person global events from start to finish - ensuring every detail is executed to perfection.
- Actively participate in the strategic and planning discussions with senior leadership and management teams on relevant employee engagement initiatives across diverse geographies and multiple locations.
- Provides effective oversight of cross functional teams of volunteers in rolling out employee engagement initiatives at regional level.
- Oversee the production and broadcast of large scale global events, typically featuring external delegates and speakers.
- Responsible for content development, data management, RSVP management and logistics for pre-event, execution, and post-event stages, including audio visual and broadcast requirements.
- Partner with Internal Communications and Global Facilities to manage communications and logistics associated with internal employee engagement events.
- Prepare budgets along with resource allocation plans for recommendation and approval.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Develop and ensure high professional standards and procedures for execution of initiatives and events.
- Analyze the event's success and prepare financial and event reports: gather and track ROI, engagement analytics, and feedback to consistently assess and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) of events through proper preparation and addressing of potential issues as they arise.
- Coordinate speaker onboarding for virtual event platforms and respond to more complex user queries regarding system functionality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE:
- Business or HR degree/diploma; typically with mid level career years relevant experience.
- Experience managing global event (in-person and virtual)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid understanding of managing budgets
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Workplace
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support