XCO is a tech startup in the Okanagan, building a position tracking and sensor integration platform. We are looking for an embedded engineer to work on all aspects of our system. In no particular order, you are likely to be working on integrating new Bluetooth sensors, adding features to the core firmware / hardware, developing automated system testing procedures, lacing up your track shoes for a track and field product testing day, updating motion tracking software, analysing data from the UWB radios, experimenting with neural networks for improved performance, and building new motion analytics algorithms.
XCO is obsessed with identifying digital biomarkers for healthcare and human performance (e.g. sport and health). This means we find metrics that can determine early onset of disease (e.g. Parkinson's), assess severity of injuries (e.g. concussion) and identify weaknesses in athletic performance (e.g. sprints, agility and jumps). Our novel wearable technology makes it easy to collect detailed phenotype data and eliminates the work required to use motion analysis systems, timing equipment, stopwatches and spreadsheets. Yet, we precisely analyze human movement up to 100 times per second whether it is in training, testing or in rehab. Our proprietary platform ultimately provides real-time assessment of gait, biometrics and cognition.
We are small but pack a big punch. Our team is made up of experienced engineers, product innovators, and medical leaders. We want to build it right the first time, with great design, ease of use, and reliability. You're contributions will be critical, and have immediate impact on our products. We're looking for capable, independent, skilled, quick to pick up new things, and easy to work with.
XCO is based in beautiful Penticton, BC, a wonderful place to live. Many of us moved to the South Okanagan for the active lifestyle and gorgeous surroundings. So do get in touch if you are interested.
Things you should be good at:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- C/C++, you need to do this well.
- Comfortable in other languages, the more the better. We also work in Python, Java, Java Script, Objective C
- We use mostly FOSS tools on Linux. How's your makefile scripting - we manage cross-compiling core code for multiple targets. Of course we use Git.
- Obviously you need some embedded processor/development experience, familiarity working with hardware, oscilloscopes, on target debugging, the stubbornness required to get your development environment up and ticking away, a good sense of concurrency issues, interrupt processing, FreeRTOS, reading circuit schematics.
- IP networking experience, we use a lot of Mqtt over TCP. We make use of BLE, Wifi links.
- Nice to have include solid Math and Physics, relational database experience, web technologies, would be awesome if you also are a Javascipt/IOS/Android wizz, machine learning/neural networks, experience in the sport or health care sectors.
Remuneration includes a competitive salary, options, and benefits based on proven experience. The position will be located in beautiful Penticton, BC with the rest of our product development team. How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with Embedded Engineer in the subject line.
Posted: October 31, 2018
Closes: December 30, 2018