Embedded Software Developer (CARD2361)
Reference ID: %7B64DFDC0D-FDF1-46D7-97B6-096BC913A5C1%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is currently seeking Embedded Software Developer for development of our FortiGate appliance. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate needs to have excellent working knowledge of C programming, hands on experience working in Linux environment and good knowledge of Networking protocols (TCP/IP). This is a great opportunity to work with Fortinet products while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
• Hands on bug fixing for the current FortiGate products
• Develop, design and test the software for FortiGate
• Maintain, evaluate, tune and support the implementation of software and firmware products
• Implement new features according to the new feature specifications and TOP3
• Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing FortiGate product or new product directions;
re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
• Maintain and document code using source control system
Job Skills Required:
• 5+ years of experience in software development within Unix/Linux environment
• Expertise in C programming, TCP/IP networking, Unix system APIs, Strong grasp of sockets and IPC mechanisms a plus
• Proficient in C and data structures
• Sound working knowledge of network concepts and architecture, e.g. IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols etc.
• Capable of switching focus in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and
adopting new methodologies
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proven ability to deliver products with high quality and on time
• Bachelor degree of Computer Science, similar degree
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019