This position is located in Vernon British Columbia Canada. The individual is an established engineer or technologist who works on a range of hardware and firmware development projects and can identify issues and make hardware and firmware development and process related changes. The individual may also lead hardware and firmware development projects and mentor junior and intermediate developers.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works on assigned projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many components have no prior art.
- Electronic Hardware Design:
- Shows good understanding and ability to analyze complex electronic circuits.
- Design of new circuits, schematics, and printed circuit boards using but not limited to:
- Conducting tests, analysis and performs research; recommends solutions for review
- Specifying/testing new components and/or circuits
- Certification agency requirements
- PCB development software
Tests/debugs/documents new hardware designs using but not limited to:
- Prototype testing
- Physical test sites
- Documents testing results
- Works with regulatory agencies to certify products to safety standards.
- Provides necessary PCB documents for production use.
- Calculates material quality & quantity and recommends components for purchasing decision review.
- Software Development:
Tests and debugs embedded and other software programs using but not limited to:
- Unit testing
- Manual black box testing
- Manual white box testing
- Automated testing methods and scripts
- System simulation tools
- Physical test sites
Designs and codes software using but not limited to:
- Multiple programming languages with emphasis on C
- IDE's focused on embedded development
- Integration of third party and open source software
- Designs, codes and tests new control algorithms using system simulation tools, physical experimentation, and test sites.
- Creates and maintains programming and engineering details including project software specifications and project plans
- Collaborates with other departments or Watts companies to develop electronic hardware and firmware.
- Creates and maintains development and engineering details including project specifications and project plans.
- Provides advice and mentoring to junior electronic hardware designers and software developers.
- Takes lead in troubleshooting and solving hardware design problems and firmware development. Offers documented solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports. Provides input into technical decisions.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and accountabilities.
*Other duties as requiredEMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroups
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Initiate Positive Change
4. Drive for Results
5. Deliver High Quality Work
6. Provide Technical ExpertiseEDUCATION
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technologist Diploma with equivalent experience required (Electrical, Electronics, Automation, Mechatronics, Computer or similar) with a minimum 7 years of experience in electronics hardware design and software development.
No direct reports. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:-
At least seven years of electronics design and firmware development experience relevant to the principal responsibilities and duties described; current in applicable technologies.
- Strong electronics hardware development experience including circuits, schematics and printed circuit boards.
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals including contemporary tools used for revision control, configuration management, continuous integration, automated testing, etc.
- Strong communication, both written and oral, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of peers and audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a research environment using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with othersPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:-
Works in an office/laboratory environment
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply online through our Company Job Portal: Wattswater.com/Careers/Vernon BC Canada
or submit a detailed cover letter and resume attention to: S. Paradoski, Human Resources Manager
Posted: November 1, 2018
Closes: December 31, 2018