Imagenex is an innovative company that designs and manufactures sonar equipment. On an international level, we have developed a reputation for products that break new ground for depth capability, size, cost, imaging quality and functionality. Our products include multibeam, mechanical scanning, and sidescan sonars.
Imagenex has a varied worldwide customer base which includes offshore oil and gas, port and harbour authorities, sport diving, scientific and military markets. We are seeking a reliable, adaptable, and detail-oriented person for an opening as an Electronics Design Technologist. Our ideal candidate will have great trouble-shooting skills and be able to communicate clearly in English.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Circuit board design and PCB layout
- Firmware design and implementation
- Provide technical support to customers via e-mail and/or phone
- Check designs prior to release for manufacture
- Assist, advise, and supervise technicians
- Assist with testing and assembly of prototype equipment
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience in electronic hardware design
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Solid knowledge of Microchip PIC and Texas Instruments 32-Bit Floating Point DSP programming in C and assembly language
- Experience with OrCAD circuit board layout design software
- Excellent understanding of serial data transmission using RS-232, RS-485 and Ethernet under the Windows environment
- Familiarity with low noise analog receiver and switching power supply design
- A good knowledge of underwater acoustic principals is an asset
- Good communication and documentation skills
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.