December 31, 2018
Reporting to the General Supervisor of Mill Electrical the Electrical Technologist's primary responsibilities will be to review, revise and prepare electrical drawings and support long term maintenance and projects within the Mill Electrical Maintenance group.Responsibilities
- Knowledge of current electrical code and application;
- Keep drawings up to date from field mark ups;
- Assist with engineering design and produce detailed construction drawings;
- Create detailed drawings for switch room layouts, cable layouts, wiring diagrams, and motor control schematics;
- Assist with project construction by coordinating contractors and HVC personnel;
- Review drawings for major projects;
- Assist in managing annual maintenance requirements (relay testing, transformer oil testing, etc...);
- Assist in managing arc flash mitigation and protection coordination.
- Completion of Gr. 12 or equivalent;
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office;
- Mining experience is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and time management skills are required;
- Minimum of a valid Class 7N driver's license.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock
Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability
World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources #LI-MP1 Job Segment:
Electrical, Engineer, Social Media, Sustainability, Engineering, Marketing, Mining, Energy
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019