17841 Position Type:
Vanderhoof, BC, Canada Location:
Plateau (BC06) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. Supervisor, Maintenance - Electrical - Solid Wood The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently looking for a strong leader with proven experience in industrial/electrical maintenance to join our team as an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor is a key member of the Maintenance Team and as such, is responsible for the supervision of maintenance crews and to ensure work is performed without undue risk.
The focus of this role will be on coaching and developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures, as well as constructively directing them to optimize their performance.
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Develop and achieve targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program is developed and followed and that cost targets are within budget.
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure both maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain high standards of work performance and correct behaviour as required
- A strong commitment to safety
- Proven experience as a Supervisor in industry
- Background in industry and substantial maintenance experience
- Proven leadership skills coupled with ability to effectively manage people in a team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of a electronic based maintenance program would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal and external business conditions
- An interprovincial trade qualification would be considered an asset
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events! Job Segment:
Electrical, Social Media, Sustainability, Engineering, Marketing, Energy