21383 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
PG Pulp (BC19)
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and talent student to join our team as an Electrical Engineer/Technologist Co-op
at our pulp operations.The Role:
In this role, the successful candidate will work on site at our pulpmill location primarily under the direction of a E&I Team Leader or E&I Engineer. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist with the implementation of the electrical predictive maintenance program
- Gather technical data of the various mill electrical equipment including switchgear, Motor control centers (MCCs), transformers, UPS system, VFDs etc.
- Develop equipment lifecycle database for the major mill electrical equipment
- Assist in updating the existing outdated drawings subject to field verification
- Assist with developing maintenance testing procedures for electrical motors
- Assist with the electrical spare part inventory management including development of BOMs, item master and spare part optimization
- Other E&I tasks as assigned
Upcoming and ongoing projects that the co-op student will assist the E&I engineer with:
- PLC5 to ControlLogix Upgrades
- Assist with the PDC and MCC replacement project
It is our intention to provide the student with an opportunity to become familiar with the industrial E&I systems and to utilize the theoretical knowledge of engineering principles in a work situation.
The student engineer will work independently and as a team member with the opportunity for input from a variety of resources including experienced Professional Engineers, mill operators and Maintenance personnel. The successful applicants will gain practical experience in various aspects of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering. The Candidate:
- Minimum two years completed in an Electrical Engineering or one year completed in Electrical Engineering Technology Program.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous Pulpmill experience or other industrial experience an asset.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Grow with us
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbor in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Social Media, Instrumentation, Engineering, Marketing