Closing Date: March 22, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, the Electrical Engineer or Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering assistance for maintenance, project management and reliability functions to optimize the performance of plant equipment and high voltage assets. The role will include design, procurement, and installation of new and replacement process equipment.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills; someone who exemplifies ownership, engagement, and excellence in their role. The successful candidate would be a motivated self-starter, organized, and able to prioritize demands in a fast-paced team environment. This role will be located on site and will require a blend of office work and field support.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Apply engineering principles concerning the safeguarding of life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare, and the environment
- Provide significant support in the development and execution of electrical system improvements which includes five-year planning, budgeting, and construction management and supervision
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of electrical problems.
- Participate in the development of an effective maintenance program by providing timely and accurate analysis based on sound engineering practices
- Support continuous improvement efforts which could include maintenance strategy optimization and maintenance process improvements
- Provide electrical engineering support to a variety of capital expenditure improvement projects
- Support the development of new technologies related to wireless and fibre optic communication systems, and processing equipment
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Minimum three years' experience in an industrial setting
- Experience in project management
- Experience in mining is an asset
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office® Suite and AutoCAD; experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Electrical Engineering, Coal Mining, Electronics Engineer, Construction, Engineering, Mining